Company’s collection and use of information
When you access or use the Services, we may collect certain categories of information about you from a variety of sources.
Some features of the Services may require you to directly enter certain information about yourself. You may elect not to provide this information, but doing so may prevent you from using or accessing these features. Information that you directly submit through our Services may include:
- Contact information, such as, name, email, job title, and employer. We collect contact information to communicate with you, provide you with the Services, and market to you.
- Account information, such as username, password, and photo. We collect account information to maintain and secure your account with us. If you choose to use the Services and register an account, you are responsible for keeping your account credentials safe. We highly recommend that you do not share your username, password, or other access details with anyone else. If you believe your account has been compromised, please contact us immediately.
- Any other information you choose to include in communications with us, for example, when you email us.
- Unique device identifier
- Device type, such as your phone, computer, or tablet
- IP address
- Browser type
- Date and time stamps, such as the date and time you first accessed the Services
- Operating system
- Log data
We useinformation we collect automatically to tailor features and content to you and run analytics and better understand user interaction with the Services.
We use the information we collect automatically to tailor features and content to you and run analytics and better understand user interaction with the Services.
- Your employer, we may receive your contact and account details from your employer if they register an account on your behalf.
- Career websites, such as LinkedIn, which is used to obtain business leads for the Services, and to populate your contact information, such as, your employer and job title.
- Marketing databases or other data enrichment companies, which are used to better customize advertising, marketing to you, provide us with business leads for the Services.
- Third party platforms we use to communicate with you, for example, the Company’s Slack community, where you can communicate with us and send us information.
In addition to the foregoing, we may use any of the above information to comply with any applicable legal obligations, to enforce any applicable terms of service, and to protect or defend the Services, our rights, and the rights of our users or others.
How the company shares your information
- With vendors or other service providers, such as, identity identification companies, cloud storage providers, security vendors, and email providers.
- With our affiliates or otherwise within our corporate group.
- To comply with applicable law or any obligations thereunder, including cooperation with law enforcement, judicial orders, and regulatory inquiries.
- In connection with an asset sale, merger, bankruptcy, or other business transaction.
- To enforce any applicable terms of service.
- To ensure the safety and security of the Company and/or its users.
- When you request us to share certain information with third parties, such as through your use of social media widgets or login integrations.
- With professional advisors, such as auditors, law firms, or accounting firms.
Cookies and other tracking technologies
Do Not Track Signals
Your browser settings may allow you to transmit a “Do Not Track” signal when you visit various websites. Like many websites, our website is not designed to respond to “Do Not Track” signals received from browsers. To learn more about “Do Not Track” signals, you can visit http://www.allaboutdnt.com/.
Cookies and other tracking technologies
If you have questions regarding the specific information about you that we process or retain, as well as your choices regarding our collection and use practices, please contact us using the information listed below.
Third party websites and links
We may provide links to websites or other online platforms operated by third parties. If you follow links to sites not affiliated or controlled by us, you should review their privacy and security policies and other terms and conditions. We do not guarantee and are not responsible for the privacy or security of these sites, including the accuracy, completeness, or reliability of information found on these sites. Information you provide on public or semi-public venues, including information you share on third-party social networking platforms (such as Slack) may also be viewable by other users of the Services and/or users of those third-party online platforms without limitation as to its use by us or by a third party. Our inclusion of such links does not, by itself, imply any endorsement of the content on such platforms or of their owners or operators, except as disclosed on the Services.
Please be aware that, despite our reasonable efforts to protect your information, no security measures are perfect or impenetrable, and we cannot guarantee “perfect security.” Please further note that any information you send to us electronically, while using the Services or otherwise interacting with us, may not be secure while in transit. We recommend that you do not use unsecure channels to communicate sensitive or confidential information to us.
How to contact us